The 500 Words for Our Future competition will run alongside this winter’s MUST ATTEND family events, the Festival of Schools. The Festival of Schools will take place over four weekends this coming November, in four of the UAE’s most vibrant schools.
Each school has been asked to create a family day out with that same theme: Our Planet, Our Future. BOOK NOW to join us, FREE at each of the four Festival of School events and see the UAE education sector put their eco credentials in to action.
Friday 5th November, 9am-12pm - Safa British School
Saturday 13th November, 9am-12pm - GEMS FirstPoint School
Saturday 20th November, 9am-1pm - Arcadia School
Saturday 27th November, 9am-3pm - Victory Heights Primary School
All UAE residents and citizens (aged 18 and under) are invited to enter this unique competition by sharing their words and innovative ideas. All we ask is that your work takes inspiration from our special theme Our Planet, Our Future. Entrants can interpret that theme in whatever way they see fit, and entries can be a poem, a story or factual piece…whatever creates the most inspiration to get writing!
The 500 Words for our Future writing competition will be judged in two age categories, 11 years and under, or 12-18 years. We hope this initiative will be a platform for young people to share their creativity, writing talent, green ideas and passion for sustainable living with a much wider audience.
The very best of pieces of writing will be published across both SchoolsCompared.com and WhichSchoolAdvisor.com, and the winner of each age category will be awarded AED250 in book vouchers.
500 Words for Our Future opens TODAY and runs until 30th November 2021.
Terms & Conditions – 500 Words for our Future, a writing competition from Which Media
• The 500 Words for Our Future competition opens TODAY and will close on 30th November 2021
• The competition is open to all UAE students aged 18 and under
• Entries will be judged in two age categories 11 years and under, or 12-18 years
• Entrants must be resident in the UAE
• Entries must be made via the link above. Email entries or hand written submissions will not be considered
• Entries must be an original piece of writing
• All entries should be 500 words or less. Entries over 500 words will be rejected
• Entries will be judged independently and the best will be published on the WhichSchoolAdvisor.com and SchoolsCompared.com websites
• The overall winner from each age group will receive a book voucher worth AED250
• Entries must be submitted by an adult aged over 18. Adults will be asked to provide the entrant’s name, gender, school and age and confirm that they have parental permission to make the submission
• All entries should be submitted in English