In this episode of The School Show, Jenny and Carli have a fantastic chat with Matthew discussing a broad range of issues related to progress. These include:
• How do teachers assess progress, and what should parents be looking for in order to better understand their child's progress?
• What does 'progress' look like? It is always a straight line?
• What questions should parents ask at parents evening?
• What is the key to understanding our children's school reports - do we need to 'read between the lines'?
• What should we do if we think our child's is making less progress than the school thinks? What about if I think they are ahead of where the school place their attainment?
• How can I know that my child is progressing in the same way they would be if we were in our home country?
Our podcast ranges to student experience too, and with many schools celebrating Anti-Bullying Week this month, WhichSchoolAdvisor.com was keen to speak with Ishita Karuturi, the 13 year old founder of the brand new Dunk-A-Bully App and student at GEMS Wellington International School. Ishita spoke with Jenny to share her inspiration for the app and her goals for the future. And yes, you read that right…Ishita is the 13 year old founder of an app. UAE students never cease to amaze us!