But there is no need to be worried. The process of applying and assessments has never been more straightforward.
WhichSchoolAdvisor.com's Reviews Editor, Jenny Mollon, spoke to Siyavash Mokhtarzadeh, Enrollment Manager at Kings' Education; Carmella Jodrell, Head of Junior School at Kent College and Zetha Noble, Principal at Renaissance School to find out what parents need to know to make the process as simple, easy and worry-free as possible...
Questions we ask the panel:
- Applying for school: Where should parents begin?
- Why have previous school reports become more important for applications?
- How much of an issue is having the right paperwork for new parents to the UAE?
- Should parents be anxious over assessments?
- What are schools actually looking for in assessments?
- When is the best time to start school?
- If they don't start at the youngest possible age, will children fall behind?
- For older children, what is different in terms of assessments?
If you liked this video, good news! A new Big Debate will be published weekly. If you have questions you need answering, let us know the debates you want us to organise!