Dubai's Oasis School Set to Close In June 2016

Dubai's Oasis School Set to Close In June 2016
By C Hoppe
Do your children attend a UAE school? Take our survey and help other parents.
WhichSchoolAdvisor's annual school survey.
LET'S GO has learned that the inclusive model Oasis School in Al Safa, Dubai is scheduled for closure in its 'current form' as it transitions to a Learning Development Centre. Oasis will no longer be a categorised as a "school". In total 70% of the school's current population require SEN support, leaving 30% of students who will need to move. Parents of children affected are receiving full support from Oasis and the KHDA to ensure this happens smoothly, was told in an email from Oasis. The email also noted the student population that remains "will continue in the same classes with the same teachers in September 2016", although it is not clear how long it will remain in its current location. Parents at the school received confirmation of Oasis' change in status in a letter on Tuesday. As a learning centre Oasis will move under the authority of the Ministry of Social Affairs. The letter stated, "as one of the first and only schools teaching mainstream and SEN students under one roof we served a very specific need in the community. The wide acceptance of the inclusive model and the quantity of large ultra-modern schools has fundamentally altered the primary education market in Dubai. "After careful consultations with the KHDA, and due to the wide availability of SEN services in mainstream schools, the decision has been made to transform the Oasis School at the end of the 2015/16 Academic year into a Learning and Development Centre under the Ministry of Social Affairs (MOSA)." The letter continues, "to continue to serve those with special needs and learning difficulties, we finalised the application to the Ministy of Social Affairs licensing to continue our therapy and learning development services at another location." "Information on the launch of the new Oasis Learning Therapy Center will be forthcoming," the letter concludes. The British curriculum school currently offers tuition for students in Foundation to Year 6, with fees between Dhs 35,244 and Dhs 42,910. The school was originally known as the Universal Academy of Excellence and is owned by Dubai Education.  

Latest UAE articles
University Preparation

Top Tips for Writing the Best UCAS Personal Statement

The personal statement is one of the key elements of a UK university application and provi…


Glendale: Building a Strong Community from Day 1

Planning and launching a new international school is an exciting yet challenging task &nda…

Choosing A School

A Look Inside the New Redwood Montessori Al Furjan

With the huge influx of families moving into the Al Furjan residential community in recent…


Record Number of Students Get University Place Via Clearing

A record number of UK 18-year-olds have secured a place at a UK university using Clearing.…

School Performance

Top UK Boarding Schools for A Level Results

The top five boarding schools in the UK for A Levels results in 2023 are Oxford Internatio…


New Parents & Kids Book Club Launches This Week

Looking for a monthly book club for you and your little ones to attend together? Then look…

Choosing A School

Is It Too Late to Find an FS1 School Space?

The start of the new school year has come and gone, the youngest children in FS1 and Pre-K…


Why Should I Join My School’s Parent Association?

In the UAE, most private schools will have an active parent association or group. These de…

0 Schools Selected
keyboard_arrow_down keyboard_arrow_up
Your selection Clear All