This article is part of an editorial series on Covid-19
By James Mullan
Friday 3 July, 2020
10th Aug 2022
There’s welcome news for parents in Dubai whose children have just begun their school holidays – summer camps are open! The Dubai Government yesterday issued a document titled ‘Next Phase of Re-Opening Dubai’ which states that effective from today July 4th summer camps, ‘recreational activities’, spa and massage centres, as well as indoor theme parks are allowed to operate once again.
There are, as expected, strict guidelines in place which include the following:
- All employees and visitors must wear face masks at all times
- 2 metre social distancing to be enforced
- Temperature checks on arrival
- Events, celebrations, occasions and any sort of social gathering are not permitted
- No high risk individuals either staff or visitors to be admitted
- All equipment including play materials and toys to be sanitized after use
- Staff and customers bags and shoes will be santised on arrival
- Parents are encouraged to check their children’s temperature before leaving the house
- No buffet offered at facilities and attendees are encouraged to bring their own food
Theme parks are also permitted to open and are subject to similarly strict guidelines for staff and attendees.