Fortes Education has been a leading education provider in the UAE for over four decades with premium international schools and nurseries that have experienced outstanding success and growth. Our schools offer the most innovative and character-building education in the entire Middle East region.
Our core ethos and philosophy of education is Positive Education (PosEd). Through PosEd, our schools foster active engagement in learning, celebrating character strengths and accomplishments. We encourage children to cultivate fulfilling relationships with others and seek meaning and purpose in their own lives. We enable children to become happy learners and develop into innovative thinkers, confident young adults, and life-long learners. Children develop resilience, a growth mindset and deep character strengths that allow them to flourish in an ever-changing world.
About Sunmarke School – Where Amazing Happens
Sunmarke School provides an ambitious and inspiring, values-based education that nurtures the hearts and minds of students so that they can flourish and achieve their dreams. Powered by our unique signature programs, Sunmarke is a uniquely innovative school transforming young lives.
Sunmarke is an all–through school which offers a premium education across a fantastic range of pathways for students including the National Curriculum of England, GCSE/IGCSE, ‘A’ Levels, BTEC and the IB Diploma and Career Related Programmes. We also offer a suite of Signature Programmes unrivalled in Dubai. With unique experiences in Environmental and Sustainability Studies, students learn in Forest School settings, as well as utilise cutting-edge hydroponic technology to examine how science can support sustainability in future terrains. Our world-class STEAM centre offers students an incredible opportunity to apply their learning in solving real-world problems, from Foundation Stage through to Year 9. We run best-in-class mini-MBA programmes for our Year 10 to 13 students in conjunction with the University of Birmingham and the Peter Jones Academy, to ensure their future success in business and entrepreneurship. We are technologically innovative and run comprehensive AI programmes for students in all core subjects, as well as deepening other subjects through Augmented and Virtual Reality AR/VR experiences. We have outstanding performing arts opportunities with fantastic facilities and amazing teachers to help our more creative students truly find their voice. Sunmarke School was judged by the Dubai School Inspection Bureau (DSIB) as a ‘Very Good’ school in our 3rd year of operation and ‘Outstanding’ in our British Schools Overseas (BSO) inspection in 2019.
We present an exciting opportunity to join our all through school and to play an important part in our journey to “outstanding”. Sunmarke School, Dubai is one of our flag-ship schools, located at a prime location in Jumeirah Village Triangle.
We seek to appoint an outstanding Secondary Inclusion Teacher – SEND Specialist to join our
team in August 2023.
We are looking for certain qualities:
• Skilled in the best early years global educational practices
• Committed to developing and inspiring every pupil, to believe that they can and will succeed
• Able to teach through the “multiple intelligences”, to develop the whole-child
• Tech-savvy, fluent in using APPs and technology to extend and enrich each pupil’s learning experience
• Outstanding role models who embody our core values
• Passionate about providing enriched learning opportunities for children in and out of the classroom.
• Excellent communicators who can ignite a passion for learning in our students
• Able to make a significant contribution to our extra-curricular activities (ECA) programme and to wider campus life
• Strong academic back-ground, work-ethic, well-organised having excellent interpersonal skills
• The candidate should be dynamic, enthusiastic and well-qualified, holding as a minimum a Bachelor’s degree or post-graduate qualification in Inclusion or SEN with a QTS.
• Experience with ASDAN.
• Excellent tax-free salary
• Furnished Accommodation
• Relocation Allowance
• Medical Insurance for self
• Annual Air-Ticket and paid vacations
• State-of-the-art facilities and amenities in a newly built campus in a prime location in Dubai
• An enthusiastic learning community of students, teachers, parents, and Board members, who are dedicated to maximise student achievement, and creating positive learning opportunities in and out of the classroom
• Working within a team of highly driven and supportive colleagues
• Excellent professional development
• Working in Dubai, one of the world’s most sought-after work and travel destinations
If you have the passion, energy, and commitment to drive accelerated outcomes for young people, we will welcome your application. In return, you will join a rapidly evolving organisation that can offer you a central role in our future growth plans.
Candidates are invited to complete our Online Application by visiting: http://forteseducation.com/Careers/Current-Openings
Interviews will take place either face-to-face in Dubai or by video conferencing if the applicant is not based in Dubai.
Application Closing Date: 31 May 2023
Appointment Start Date: Mid-Aug 2023
Fortes Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures including a satisfactory International Child Protection Certificate, plus resident country Police checks.