Imagine schools with a variety of educational pathways where the skills of achievement, such as literacy, critical thinking, numeracy, discipline, and work ethic are taught alongside the skills of wellbeing, such as confidence, contentment, kindness, gratitude, health, and love. Welcome to Fortes Education, Dubai. We have been delivering high quality education provision to young people for over two decades.
Our Positive Education schools foster active engagement in learning and activities. We celebrate positive emotions and accomplishments, encourage students to cultivate fulfilling relationships with others and to seek meaning and purpose in their own lives.
Judged by the Dubai School Inspection Bureau (DSIB) as a ‘Very Good’ School in our 3rd year of operation, as an 'Outstanding' British School Overseas, we set high standards and expectations for each pupil in academics and in co-curricular participation. Our high-impact learning programme lays a strong foundation that develops each pupil’s multiple intelligences through a broad range of activities in and out of the classroom. Our commitment is to provide a premium world-class “positive” education, which empowers our pupils to become innovative thinkers, socially confident life-long learners, having growth mindsets and character strengths, to flourish in an ever -changing world.
We present an exciting opportunity to join our all through school and to play an important part in our journey to “outstanding”. Sunmarke School, Dubai is one of our flag-ship schools, located at a prime location in Jumeirah Village Triangle. Sunmarke offers a fantastic range of pathways for students including the NCE, GCSE/IGCSE, ‘A’ Levels, BTEC and the IB Diploma and Career Related Programmes.
Due to our continued growth, we seek to appoint an outstanding KS3/4 Secondary Inclusion Teacher to join our team in January 2022.
We are looking for certain qualities:
• Skilled in the best global educational practices
• Committed to developing and inspiring every pupil, to believe that they can and will succeed
• Outstanding role models who embody our core values
• Passionate about providing enriched learning opportunities for children in and out of the classroom.
• Excellent communicators who can ignite a passion for learning in our students
• Experience leading an extra-curricular sport and activities (ECA) programme and commitment to enhance wider campus life
• Strong academic background, work-ethic, well-organised having excellent interpersonal skills.
• Proficient and experienced at delivering an enriched UK Secondary Curriculum across
• Dynamic, enthusiastic and well-qualified holding as a minimum, a B.Ed., B.Sc. or a B.A & PGCE and QTS.
• Possess a good understanding of SEND and the support required to provide pupils access to the curriculum
• Have a CPT3A qualification to assess and create Form 8 for Exam Access Arrangements.
• Excellent tax-free salary
• Furnished 1 bed apartment (School accommodation only)
• Baggage Allowance
• Medical Insurance for self
• Annual Air-Ticket and paid vacations
• State-of-the art facilities and amenities in a newly built campus in a prime location in Dubai
• An enthusiastic learning community of students, teachers, parents and Board members, who are dedicated to maximise student achievement for each and every child, and to create positive learning opportunities in and out of the classroom
• Working within a team of highly driven and supportive colleagues
• Excellent professional development
• Working in Dubai, one of the world’s most sought after work and travel destinations
If you have the passion, energy and commitment to drive accelerated outcomes for young people, we will welcome your application. In return, you will join a rapidly evolving organisation that can offer you a central role within our future growth plans.
Interviews will take place either face to face in Dubai or by video conferencing if the applicant is not based in Dubai.
Appointment Start Date: January 2022 start
Fortes Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures including a satisfactory International Child Protection Certificate, plus resident country Police checks.