Residents should first practice self isolation before calling the DHA helpline on 800342.
You may also call:
Department of Health's Istijaba call center: 800 1717
Ministry of Health & Prevention: 800 11111
Via the helpline you will be given the latest information regarding next steps, and can schedule the Covid-19 test, at any health centre or hospital, provided the individual meets the following criteria:
- Suffers from symptoms like fever, persistent cough, cold, shortness of breath or experience difficulty in breathing.
- Has a travel history to any of the countries of concern, listed by the Word Health Organisation (WHO) and/or has been in contact with a suspected or confirmed Covid 19 patient.
- Insurance card
- Emirates ID / Passport
- Medical insurance details
- Family book if Emirati
- Provisional tests: Blood pressure, temperature
- Data taken: Travel history, symptoms, places you have visited in the last 14 days
- Swab Test of the throat will be taken. Results may be revealed within 24 hours, depending on the volume of tests being taken. It can take longer.
- Call the helpline number first before going to a testing centre for the latest instructions, 800342
- If you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room directly, call ahead and tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms.
- Do NOT use public transport to get to the hospital
- Inform reception immediately of signs and symptoms
- Wear a mask and maintain personal hygiene, especially if you have a temperature
- Take precautionary measures to protect others including healthcare workers
- Avoid contact where possible with others
Suspected patients will be directly taken to an isolation room and treated there.