Given that, we decided the best way to get the definitive answer was to ask a panel of some of the leading educators in the country.
WhichSchoolAdvisor.com's Reviews Editor, Jenny Mollon, spoke to, from left, Repton Dubai's Head of Junior School, Michaela Barber, the Principal of Horizon English School, Ian Wallace; the Principal of Victory Heights' Primary School, Sasha Crabb, and the Director of Idea Early Learning Centre, Farheen Effandi.
The first Big Debate video took place at the Schools and Childcare show in Dubai.
The questions addressed:
- What is the first thing a parent of a young child, just starting school, should think about?
- The importance of the curriculum in decision making
- What role does an Early Learning Centre play?
- Should price play a role in decision making?
- How can parents assess value for money?
- What are the most important questions to ask when you visit a school
- Are there differences or additional considerations when choosing a school for older children?
- What are the advantages, and disadvantages of an all-through school?
If you liked this video, good news! A new Big Debate will be published weekly. If you have questions you need answering, let us know the debates you want us to organise!