The International Baccalaureate (IB) Career-related Programme (CP) is a three-part educational framework.
It consists of:
- courses from the IB’s Diploma Programme (DP)
- the CP core
- career-related studies.
Students complete at least two DP courses in any of that programme's subject groups. DP courses provide and enhance the theoretical underpinnings and academic rigour of the CP.
The CP core components give context to the DP courses and the career-related study, drawing all aspects of the framework together. Through the CP core, students develop personal qualities and professional skills, as well as intellectual habits required for lifelong learning.
The IB itself does not provide the career related studies, but works with partners. These include:
- Pearson, for BTEC qualifications.
- Project Lead The Way, offers science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) in US schools.
- National Academies Foundation (NAF), provides education in finance, hospitality, engineering and healthcare in the US.
- Chartered Institute of Securities & Investment (CISI), promotes the advancement of knowledge in the field of securities and investment in schools and colleges throughout the UK, offering qualifications for operations, compliance & risk, capital markets & corporate finance, financial planning, wealth management and more.
- Savannah College of Art & Design (SCAD), offers degrees in four distinct locations around the world and online via eLearning for more than 40 programs, 70 minors and certificate programs.
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), is a global professional body for chartered accounts, ICAEW provides: qualifications and professional development; shares knowledge, insight and technical expertise; and protects the quality and integrity of the accountancy and finance profession.
Each school chooses the career-related study most suited to local conditions and the needs of its students The career-related study must satisfy IB criteria for accreditation, assessment and quality assurance.
|School of the Arts (Singapore)||Museum & Rochor||Singapore Central|